Interpersonal Coordination & Performance in Social Systems download
- Upload date: 21-09-2017, 16:02
- Category: Psychology
Interpersonal coordination is an important feature of all social systems. From everyday activities to playing sport and participating in the performing arts, human behaviour is constrained by the need to continually interact with others. This book examines how interpersonal coordination tendencies in social systems emerge, across a range of contexts and at different scales, with the aim of helping practitioners to understand collective behaviours and create learning environments to improve performance.
Showcasing the latest research from scientists and academics, this collection of studies examines how and why interpersonal coordination is crucial for success in sport and the performing arts. It explains the complex science of interpersonal coordination in relation to a variety of activities including competitive team sports, outdoor sports, racket sports, and martial arts, as well as dance. Divided into four sections, this book offers insight into:
- the nature, history and key concepts of interpersonal coordination
- factors that influence interpersonal coordination within social systems
- interpersonal coordination in competitive and cooperative performance contexts
- methods, tools and devices for improving performance through interpersonal coordination.
This book will provide fascinating insights for students, researchers and educators interested in movement science, performance analysis, sport science and psychology, as well as for those working in the performing arts.Download book
Download Interpersonal Coordination & Performance in Social Systems