Black Fathers: An Invisible Presence In America, Second Edition download
- Upload date: 29-08-2017, 14:41
- Category: Personality & Family
An important contribution to the true image of black fathers in America... I enthusiastically endorse this book... It provides a broad integrated perspective that combines relevant theory and research... I am certain that it will be used in many college and university courses.
This book offers a broader, more positive picture of African American fathers. Featuring case studies of African-descended fathers, this edited volume brings to life the achievements and challenges of being a black father in America. Leading scholars and practitioners provide unique insight into this understudied population. Short-sighted social policies which do not encourage father involvement are critically examined and the value of father engagement is promoted. The problems associated with the absence of a father are also explored.
The second edition features an increased emphasis on:
- the historical issues confronting African descended fathers
- the impact of health issues on Black fathers and their children
- the need for therapeutic interventions to aid in the healing of fathers and their children
- the impact of an Afrikan-centered fathering approach and the need for research which considers systemic problems confronting African American fathers
- community focused models that provide new ideas for (re)connecting absent fathers
- learning tools including reflective questions and a conclusion in each chapter and more theory and research throughout the book.
Download Black Fathers: An Invisible Presence In America, Second Edition